Skip to main content

Ladies, do you know the Holy Spirit?

Hello LWM! I hope you are all doing well. Today I would like to share with you what I have learnt from our celebration convention over the last three days in our church in Randburg( Lighthouse Chapel International). The whole convention theme was centred on the Holy Spirit. How many of us knew that the Holy Spirit is not just a sweet influence, a mighty wind but that he is a person above all? For those who did not know that let me give you some of the characteristics of the Holy Spirit.


1. The Holy Spirit is our consellor and helper(John 14:26). Do you think that a force can be able to advise you? He must surely have a mind and some intellect to perform this function.


2. From the same chapter, we learn that the Holy Spirit is the One who help us to remember. Can a force help you to remember something? I don't think so. A force does not have any  intelligence or any abilities that could make him perform this function.



3. The Holy Spirit can be grieved(Ephesians 4:30). Grievance does not apply to things, for things do not have emotions at all. To be grieved, we need to have feelings, we need to be someone. The Holy spirit then is definitely a person.

There are so many others scriptures in the Bible which teach us that the Holy Spirit is a person. I would encourage you to do some research on your own, your life will never be the same. What I want to tell us today is to ask you " what type of relationship do I have with the Holy Spirit"? When we become christians, the Holy Spirit comes and dwell in us but for some of us that is it. We do not have an intimate relationship with Him. He is just there and is even bored. Mercy!


We need to interact with the Holy spirit, just as we do with our friends. See the Holy Spirit as someone who is real and I can ensure you you will experiment something new. As Reverend Fifi Biney who saying " Sow a real relationship with the Holy spirit and you shall reap a real relationship with Him". You may wonder how you should start to interact with Him, well just bear in mind that He is a person. What do you do when you wake up? You greet your flatmates, isn't it? Well, do the same with the Holy Spirit! When you wake up say morning Holy spirit, when you are praying invite Him to pray with you. Bear in mind, he is a person. Treat Him as such!


I learnt so many things during this convention and I am thankful to God. I believe my relationship with the Holy Spirit will turn into a higher level. I could notice a difference for the past fews days that I started to practice those things, to treat the Holy Spirit as my friend, as a person. It does work! Something is just different and I love it. Ladies, take care of the Holy Spirit! Talk to Him. I love Him for He is the One who encourage us to do well in our Christian life. We do not have to pretend, He knows our hearts and is willing to give us tips to help us to live a holy life. Take the decision today to develop an intimate relationship with Him! Have a hunger for Him, desire to know Him, to know what He likes and what He does not. It will bless you so much!


The Holy Spirit is the One who brings life (John 6:63). Is there any area in your life which is dead? Is your spiritual life dead, is your relationship dead? Are you struggling with your studies? Know this, when you involve the Holy Spirit in anything you do, it will bring life into it. To finish let me give you a testimony. This happened to me more than once, in fact anytime I involve the Holy Spirit, everything works! I had to write a test some days ago and I did not know what to study, there was so many things to read. When I opened my book, I made that prayer " Holy Spirit, make me study what will come", and He directed me to the right things. I remembered telling my friend what will come to the test. She asked me " are you sure it will come?", I answered " 100% sure". Let me tell you the things I have been studied came! The Holy Spirit directed me into the right things. He is with us till the end of the ages, let us benefit from His presence in our life. What does a friend when he is bored, he keeps quiet. He is there but just silent. Same for the Holy Spirit. If we do not engage with Him, He will just look at us. You are struggling with something, the answer is right there with the Holy spirit but because you are ignoring Him, you will keep struggling and praying for something God already gave you! What a shock!


Let us cherish our relationship with the Holy Spirit. Let us know Him in depth, let us interact with Him daily. Morning Holy Spirit! :-)



Much love.

Lala.

*This picture was taken on the following website www.gospelgifts.com

Comments

  1. I really like to the person of the Holy Sprit.for me I like pretty much his sense of genlteman.for he is the one help when I am locked.he is kind
    and he does not force me to do things.and he is my best freind.I cannot hide thing before his face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Holy Spirit is the one who helps me to pray according to God's will, he strengths n guides me, he is God.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ladies, do not compromise

Hello, LWM! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I did by the Grace of God. Today, I would like to encourage us to stay firm in our faith. I had a chat with a friend of mine over the weekend and we were discussing about who we must marry. It was going nowhere because the person believed that she could still date an unbeliever and still be in the Will of God. I did give her the scriptures which clearly showed that God would not allow such a relationship but it was a waste of time. I am believing God that He will convince her to accept this truth. Ladies, I would like to encourage us to stay firm and not compromise our faith in Christ. We cannot play with our life this way. Marriage is a lifetime commitment, so we better be careful when it comes to choose our partner for life. I was saying to the person that I understood her view but I did not support it. I understood the fact that she said " what if I fell in love with an unbeliever?, Am I sinning?". I have been there. I

Have your say: Let meet Fausther Ornelia Ambourouet

Hello wonderful ladies, we are closing today with the thoughts of Grace. Grace is a wonderful sister that I met in my church Lighthouse Chapel International Midrand. I interviewed her after the service on Sunday. At first, she was scared (lol) but she finally let me ask her questions. The first time I went there( the church), she was standing by the door, I will never forget how she welcomed me with a big smile and a warm hug. If you are in the welcoming team, please ladies wear a beautiful smile. Welcome us with the love of Christ for people cannot come back just because they did not feel welcome. Stay blessed! Ladies Wonderfully Made: Morning Grace, thanks for giving us the opportunity to ask you some questions. Please can you introduce yourself ... Grace Ambourouet:  My name is Grace Fausther Ambourouet , I will turn the age of  24 on the 20th of August ( Happy birthday in advance sisi). I am studying Biomedecine at the Midrand Graduate Institute. In the church, I am the leade

Ladies, are you really ready for marriage? Preaching video

Hello, wonderful ladies in Christ! I would like to share with you a video by Lady Reverend Adelaide Heward- Mills. In this preaching, she talks about marriage. As ladies, we naturally think about marriage but as Christian women we should be aware of what we need to make our future marriage to work. I love saying that many of us only think of the wedding, the actual day where we will be sharing your vows but we do not think of the life after the wedding, and I know many young ladies that got married, were happy and now are struggling in their marriages because they did not prepare themselves. I thank the Lord that there is such a message available. I am not married for now but I know now that I need to prepare myself fully before I get married. I will advise you to do the same and remember God should be the foundation of your future marriage and your relationship if you have a beloved( a person you are dating and are going to marry soon).    Much love   Lala.