Skip to main content

When it is time to leave....

'Now, it is time to go. I have prepared new things for you said the Lord. But Lord, I am feeling good here. I love them so much she cried. Do you trust Me? He finally asked her. She knew it was the end of their little chat.'

This was me few months ago. God told me it was time for me to go into a new land and part of the world I do not know. I would lie if I tell you He never told me that before. In fact, He spoke to me throughout the year 2015 through visions but I closed my ears. The fear of new things paralyzed me and I soon began to be rebellious to Him.

As you can guess, my rebellion to God did not give me peace, I became very depressed and barren spiritually. I had to repent sincerely to recover my spiritual wellness. I was leading the Youth Department in the church and I cannot tell you how much I struggle in the ministry once I became rebellious to God.

2015 was a year where I have learnt through tears and depression that it is better to obey than to sacrifice. Many of us know a lot of verses but I assure you that you will only give them power once you apply them in your daily life.

Refusing to obey to God is rebellion. When God asks us to do something and we refuse to obey, we are rebellious. As time goes by, we suffer from it and realize how we failed.


Rebellion opens doors to the spirit of barreness, depression, fear. God cannot bless someone who is rebellious. He cannot give sucess to someone who do not comply to His commandments. Our job is to obey to everything God will tell us especially when we do not understand Him. It shows Him how much we trust in Him.


I was scared of change. I thought no one was qualified to replace me. I thought that without me the department would go to its ruin. God allows hard circumstances to happen inside our group to teach me something:  TRUST.


I was not proud but I was very concerned about who would stay with the group. The assistant I was training seemed at that time to take the work of God lightly. I thought' Would she be able to cope'?  Any leader trains up other leaders. My assistant was believing so much in me that she thought that she could never manage the Youth.


Those who are in position of leadership in the church know how it is when you have to manage the people of God. Without the Holy Spirit, you cannot do it.


You love everyone not only the people who love you. You pray for everyone not only those you think pray for you. You care for everyone even the ones who are always ungrateful. You understand that we are all in process and then are qualified to do mistakes.


Once I repented, God give me strategies to train my assistant more effectively. I thank God because it worked. Today, I am leaving and I know someone else have been qualified by God to replace me and to care for His people.


It is never easy to accept change. Human beings tend to love the comfort zone especially ladies. I mean were we not brought in a place where all have already been provided for our well being? The garden was comfortable for us when we came so it is difficult sometimes for us to go in a new place and start from nothing.


When you have to leave, trust God. Abraham did not know where he would go just like Sarah. But they packed their things and go under the direction of the Holy Spirit. Believe that God has gone before you as you have to leave. When you have to leave, trust God for those who will remain behind you. If it took care of them before your arrival, He will certainly take care of them after your departure. For those into ministry and  in leadership positions, believe that God has equipped the one you left to replace you. God thinks in advance and prepare in advance. He will not let His ministry fail.


When you leave, be thankful for all God taught you in the previous season and do not forget to pray to ask Him more faith, more courage, more wisdom, love for Him as this new season is about to start.


Finally, when you leave, remain who you were already , a Child and servant of God!

Blessings,


Tabitha Joy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Woman behind the blog

Hello wonderful ladies in the Lord! Today, I just thought of talking to you a bit about myself. As you know for those who started reading my blog from the beginning, this blog is to encourage young Christian ladies in their walk with Christ. It was one of my project for this year  in Web page Design. Our lecturer asked us to design a blog about anything. I thought firstly of talking about Venice about how romantic this town is, but on a second thought I realized how pointless it was. I then started wondering what could I do with my blog. I wanted to express myself in the most freely way I knew and that how I realized that actually in Christ we are free so why not creating a blog about something that will involve my Christian life and strengthen those who will read me. I thank God for this blog is read by many young Christian ladies, ladies that I know and also ladies that have been recommended  by some of my friends. It might not have yet the impact I want it to have already b

Ladies, do not compromise

Hello, LWM! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I did by the Grace of God. Today, I would like to encourage us to stay firm in our faith. I had a chat with a friend of mine over the weekend and we were discussing about who we must marry. It was going nowhere because the person believed that she could still date an unbeliever and still be in the Will of God. I did give her the scriptures which clearly showed that God would not allow such a relationship but it was a waste of time. I am believing God that He will convince her to accept this truth. Ladies, I would like to encourage us to stay firm and not compromise our faith in Christ. We cannot play with our life this way. Marriage is a lifetime commitment, so we better be careful when it comes to choose our partner for life. I was saying to the person that I understood her view but I did not support it. I understood the fact that she said " what if I fell in love with an unbeliever?, Am I sinning?". I have been there. I

Ladies, are you really ready for marriage? Preaching video

Hello, wonderful ladies in Christ! I would like to share with you a video by Lady Reverend Adelaide Heward- Mills. In this preaching, she talks about marriage. As ladies, we naturally think about marriage but as Christian women we should be aware of what we need to make our future marriage to work. I love saying that many of us only think of the wedding, the actual day where we will be sharing your vows but we do not think of the life after the wedding, and I know many young ladies that got married, were happy and now are struggling in their marriages because they did not prepare themselves. I thank the Lord that there is such a message available. I am not married for now but I know now that I need to prepare myself fully before I get married. I will advise you to do the same and remember God should be the foundation of your future marriage and your relationship if you have a beloved( a person you are dating and are going to marry soon).    Much love   Lala.