Skip to main content

The right attitude for Valentine's Day...

Good day beautiful ladies! It has been years but I am around, I have been lately busy with organising my new season!!!!! I am more than excited of what God is doing now and I shall at the right time tell you more about this.

Today is Valentine's Day and many single ladies like me  have been asked the question of ' where is your valentine?' What are you going to do on Valentine' s Day? People have made it such an event that if we are not rooted in the Word and God's love we can feel depressed or worried especially if we are in age to marry.

First of all, ladies do not take this at heart. A friend of mine who got married recently wrote this on her wall ' I am not a Valentine' s Day fan but for all those who are waiting for their husbands, keep waiting upon the Lord and trust in His timing!! It shall be well'.

Maybe for this year, you thought you would have a fiance to spend this day with, maybe you hoped for this year to spend it with your husband who is still not showing up ( for now). You maybe had plans concerning this day and it seems like none of them will turn up as you wished.

Please do not get bitter towards other women! Some ladies are writing things like ' Valentine' s Day is not important and so on', some really are not interested of celebrating it but some are just writing it because they are fed up about their situation and that they are in pain. To mask their pain, they write hurtful status on their Facebook walls to make others fell bad concerning this day.

The Word says the Holy Spirit alone convinces us of sin and judgement. Do not force your judgement on others. Respect them and pray for the grace to obey  God for any direction He has given you. 

Secondly, do  not try to get in touch once again with that guy you broke up with just for the sake of Valentine's Day. Do not go back to your vomit, you are a Queen, behave as one! If you feel very down, go for a movie, plan a date with your best friend or just enjoy being with yourself. 

Personnally, I am not into the Valentine mood but before I used to go on this day for a movie. I love going to the movies and since I did not have a lot of time to do it  because of my busy schedule, I was going on this day just to please myself. You may say ' Okay, but then won' t you embarrassed to see couples outside kissing and holding hands'. NO! 

I have learnt to trust God's timing. I really do not compare my life to others. I am happy for my friends who are married and those currently engaged. My turn will come, my God does all things beautiful in its time. I know what God told me so I do not see the point of envying others.


Do not wish to be like others! You are you and God is pleased with that. Bless the Lord for the glodly couples around you and keep trusting Him.


Finally, do not close yourself up into your room! This is the day the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Ask the Lord how to spend this day without feeling any pressure, He will be glad to tell you what to do and as you do, your heart shall be full of joy!


It is said of the virtuous woman that she smiiles at the future!!!! She smiles not because everything is going smoothly in her life, she smiles because she knows her God has great plans for her and that He shall keep His Word!



Have a glorious day !!!!

You are loved!!!!


Tabitha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ladies, do not compromise

Hello, LWM! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I did by the Grace of God. Today, I would like to encourage us to stay firm in our faith. I had a chat with a friend of mine over the weekend and we were discussing about who we must marry. It was going nowhere because the person believed that she could still date an unbeliever and still be in the Will of God. I did give her the scriptures which clearly showed that God would not allow such a relationship but it was a waste of time. I am believing God that He will convince her to accept this truth. Ladies, I would like to encourage us to stay firm and not compromise our faith in Christ. We cannot play with our life this way. Marriage is a lifetime commitment, so we better be careful when it comes to choose our partner for life. I was saying to the person that I understood her view but I did not support it. I understood the fact that she said " what if I fell in love with an unbeliever?, Am I sinning?". I have been there. I

Ladies, are you really ready for marriage? Preaching video

Hello, wonderful ladies in Christ! I would like to share with you a video by Lady Reverend Adelaide Heward- Mills. In this preaching, she talks about marriage. As ladies, we naturally think about marriage but as Christian women we should be aware of what we need to make our future marriage to work. I love saying that many of us only think of the wedding, the actual day where we will be sharing your vows but we do not think of the life after the wedding, and I know many young ladies that got married, were happy and now are struggling in their marriages because they did not prepare themselves. I thank the Lord that there is such a message available. I am not married for now but I know now that I need to prepare myself fully before I get married. I will advise you to do the same and remember God should be the foundation of your future marriage and your relationship if you have a beloved( a person you are dating and are going to marry soon).    Much love   Lala.

The Woman behind the blog

Hello wonderful ladies in the Lord! Today, I just thought of talking to you a bit about myself. As you know for those who started reading my blog from the beginning, this blog is to encourage young Christian ladies in their walk with Christ. It was one of my project for this year  in Web page Design. Our lecturer asked us to design a blog about anything. I thought firstly of talking about Venice about how romantic this town is, but on a second thought I realized how pointless it was. I then started wondering what could I do with my blog. I wanted to express myself in the most freely way I knew and that how I realized that actually in Christ we are free so why not creating a blog about something that will involve my Christian life and strengthen those who will read me. I thank God for this blog is read by many young Christian ladies, ladies that I know and also ladies that have been recommended  by some of my friends. It might not have yet the impact I want it to have already b