Skip to main content

Ladies, why do you pray?


"1 Corinthians 1: 9 God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord."

Some of my brethen from Lighthouse Chapel International
The Word of God says that God is faithful and then God called us to fellowship with His Son. Ladies, today I want to ask you something : why do you pray? Why do you fellowship with God? Some of us only go to God when we have issues. We go to God because we need solution to our problems. We go to Him because we know He can hear and help us. There is nothing wrong with you going to the throne of God to plead your case but when it is the only reason why you go to His presence, then you need to watch it.


Have you ever prayed without asking anything to Christ ? Have you ever prayed for three hours just to say " Lord I thank You"? Even by reading this you may think " Lala, three hours just to say thanks!" Oh Yes, my sisters and it is not even enough. On Sunday, something very scary happened to me as I was praying. I was attacked by an evil force. I felt like something was chocking me just like in the horror movies, I could not talk , could barely breathe! I had to start praying in my mind. I really thought that is it, I am going surely to die!

I used to pray and say " Lord, thank you for the breath of life" but that day I really understood the meaning of having to breathe. My Bishop, Bishop Dag Heward Mills would sometimes say before you experience death or have a near death experience you will never really get the meaning of your life and value your life. It is so true! Chaley, I am thankful for the breath of life. This night was not simple at all for me, but thank you Jesus because He who is in me is greater than he who is in the world!

Lady Reverend Adelaide and Bishop Dag
Ladies, why do you pray? God wants us to pray to have a fellowship with Him. Not to see Him as a problems-solver meaning that you only know Him when you have issues. To know on what is based your prayer life just see how much time you spend to pray for your issues, how much time you spend to pray for His love in you, for His purpose in your life, for His Will in your life. How long do you spend just thanking Him? Just saying God I love you? What are the things you are praying for? What you pray for determines the level of your fellowship with Him.

God is longing so much for us to relate with Him at a deeper level. God wants you to know Him. The Word says that God knows us, I mean He even knows the number of our hair but how many know Him! You may know scriptures in the Bible but it does not necessarily mean you know Him. The pharisees knew the law of Moses but they were not able to recognize Jesus. Nicodemus knew the Word but he did not know that for him to be saved he had to be born again. The fact that you know the Word does not mean you know the Author! Do we know Christ? Do we really know Him? For someone to know someone, you will need to spend time with the person, you will need to communicate with the person otherwise how can you say you know the person? The same with God, how much time do we spend praying? It must be regular, not an once-off thing!


I see us knowing God, I see us spending time with Him, I see us being in love with Him, I see us knowing His Word and knowing Him in the name of Jesus! Amen!

With much love

Lala.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ladies, do not compromise

Hello, LWM! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I did by the Grace of God. Today, I would like to encourage us to stay firm in our faith. I had a chat with a friend of mine over the weekend and we were discussing about who we must marry. It was going nowhere because the person believed that she could still date an unbeliever and still be in the Will of God. I did give her the scriptures which clearly showed that God would not allow such a relationship but it was a waste of time. I am believing God that He will convince her to accept this truth. Ladies, I would like to encourage us to stay firm and not compromise our faith in Christ. We cannot play with our life this way. Marriage is a lifetime commitment, so we better be careful when it comes to choose our partner for life. I was saying to the person that I understood her view but I did not support it. I understood the fact that she said " what if I fell in love with an unbeliever?, Am I sinning?". I have been there. I

Have your say: Let meet Fausther Ornelia Ambourouet

Hello wonderful ladies, we are closing today with the thoughts of Grace. Grace is a wonderful sister that I met in my church Lighthouse Chapel International Midrand. I interviewed her after the service on Sunday. At first, she was scared (lol) but she finally let me ask her questions. The first time I went there( the church), she was standing by the door, I will never forget how she welcomed me with a big smile and a warm hug. If you are in the welcoming team, please ladies wear a beautiful smile. Welcome us with the love of Christ for people cannot come back just because they did not feel welcome. Stay blessed! Ladies Wonderfully Made: Morning Grace, thanks for giving us the opportunity to ask you some questions. Please can you introduce yourself ... Grace Ambourouet:  My name is Grace Fausther Ambourouet , I will turn the age of  24 on the 20th of August ( Happy birthday in advance sisi). I am studying Biomedecine at the Midrand Graduate Institute. In the church, I am the leade

Ladies, are you really ready for marriage? Preaching video

Hello, wonderful ladies in Christ! I would like to share with you a video by Lady Reverend Adelaide Heward- Mills. In this preaching, she talks about marriage. As ladies, we naturally think about marriage but as Christian women we should be aware of what we need to make our future marriage to work. I love saying that many of us only think of the wedding, the actual day where we will be sharing your vows but we do not think of the life after the wedding, and I know many young ladies that got married, were happy and now are struggling in their marriages because they did not prepare themselves. I thank the Lord that there is such a message available. I am not married for now but I know now that I need to prepare myself fully before I get married. I will advise you to do the same and remember God should be the foundation of your future marriage and your relationship if you have a beloved( a person you are dating and are going to marry soon).    Much love   Lala.