Skip to main content

Ladies, you are precious!

"She made tea. She set the table. She cooked his favourite meal. She left her friends to spend time with her husband to be. She knew he was precious to her."

Some months ago, those were my thoughts about one of my friends who was preparing to get married. I could notice how she changed. I could see how much she valued her relationship with her husband to be, now her husband. Chaley, she will leave us to go and spend time with her beloved. She will just honour him. When she will speak about him, she will only mention good things, always portray him in a good light. I really wonder. I was very concerned for my sister ....(Laughs) but this was because I did not know what it meant to be precious in one's sight.


This morning, as I was praying I was asking myself where should I turn for my quiet time( your time with God in His Word). As I was struggling to find something, the Holy Spirit told me " go back to Isaiah 43". At first, I refused. I was like" but Holy Spirit, I know this scripture already....why again! I know I am precious in your Sight". Mercy. Then, He just said " read Isaiah 43:4".

I decided to obey. You know sometimes the Holy Spirit will ask you to read something you already read or learnt about. You think that you have got the latest revelation that you do not see the need why you should read the same scripture over and over. But let me tell you this. Never underestimate the Holy Spirit's command. Whether you understand or not, just flow. It is not easy for our flesh wrestles with the Spirit. But like a dog on a leash, you must say to our flesh " no, we are going this way". Amen? Amen!

For those who do not the verse it read as follows Isaiah 43:  4  Because you are precious in My sight and honored, and because I love you...". Did you know that you were precious in His Sight? Yes, so then why are we living our lives as no one cares? As if Jesus does not care? Jesus cares about every aspect of your life. He cares about your studies, your finances, your emotions, yes this guy that you are in love with, you think you are for sometimes it is not even love. Christ cares! Christ cares about the church you attend. Christ cares about your plans because you are precious.


Anything that is valuable is kept. Anything that is precious is conserved! God said because we were precious in His Sight He did two things. He honoured us and He loved us!
Christ honoured you by allowing you to become His Daughter. It is a privilege that you should never take for granted. You did nothing to be seen as a precious person, but well God is so mysterious that we cannot even understand the way He reasons! He is just like this! This is the God we serve! God honoured you by giving you His Name! Just like a man marries a woman and changed her surname. Your surname has been changed the very moment you decided to marry Christ by receiving Him in your heart.


We are the Bride! The church is the bride! You are the bride of Christ! Christ is your Husband, your High Priest! It is a honour! Daughter it is your honour! Take it! Believe it! You have been honoured! Like Esther, we did nothing. I mean Esther was as beautiful as the others virgins in the kingdom but she was favoured into the King's eyes.


I do not know if I am the only one who noticed it but sometimes in our families we think that the ones who will get marry soon are the pretty ladies! What a deception! The ones who get marry first, from my little experience or inexperience are the ones who got the favour! That's all! You know why? Because the Bible teaches that. Apart from Esther, we have the case of Rebekah, the Bible says she was fair to be look upon. When you are fair to be looked upon, people tend to despise you. People reject you but she was the one God chose for His Servant! And we have Ruth. A lady who was staying with her mother in law, someone who lost her husband, who was in an unknown land. She was not the only one who could be found into Boaz's field. But God gave her favour so Boaz should lay his eyes on her! Finally, just have a look at yourself! Why should you receive God's favour! You! Me! With things we did! Why? Is there a reason? No! It is favour! Favour! Because God saw us precious He honored you.


The last thing, God does is to love you when you are precious for Him. God loves us because He considers us as the latest edition on the earth. God is so romantic. Have you ever wondered how a romantic person can be? Just look at God. He has a PHD in romanticism! I am telling you.

Do you see God as a precious person that you cannot let go? If yes, then honour Him, and love Him. How can you honour God? By doing His Will, by spending time with Him. As a lady, I love what I call " Me time". They are times I just spend alone with God and me. Those are times I just need to go for a walk, or locking myself in my bedroom, put on some music, read the Word, TALK to God about intimate thing. My "Me Times" are very different from my quiet times. In my quiet times, I read the Word and I want God to speak to me, I pray according to what I learnt. The "Me Times" are like " romantic Rendez Vous between God and me. I do not know if it happens only to me but normally when I pray ,I pray more for others than myself for my Me times, I take time to talk to God about what I wish, want and just let Him speak to me about things that concern me.

I just love the " Me times", it is another dimension of communion because maybe it is more intimate. " Oh Lala where do you learn those things" lol. My mentor Lady Reverend Adelaide Heward Mills. You know me, I soak this powerful woman of God! She taught me so much through the Holy Spirit.

If God is precious to you, then love Him! You tend to love more the things of this world. If I can give you an advise, as a young lady, I got to a point where I started to pray to God that I will never love my husband more than Him. When people fall in love, they soon start to mess up the order of their priorities especially ladies. Ladies, we need to be very spiritual , I am telling you. At a point, you do things for that person we love, we dress in a certain for him, we want to please him, we become so entangled with this "love" that we forget God! Chaley, pray that never you put someone or something at the place of God. This man will deceive you, this thing will break you but God will always put a smile on your face. Guard your heart, stay focused!


Start to consider God as someone precious! Get to the point where you say " God my life all for you. " I got to a point where I told " Married or not married I don't care, I just want you". If God tells you leave this person that you love, will you say yes? Or will you start giving God 100 reasons why I should stay with him( I don't talk about people who are married, for you no divorce at all). If you see that if God had to tell you let go of this thing, and the thought just make you sad, know girl your heart is at the wrong place. Jesus should be the center! Not this man or this thing! I said Jesus!


I see you seeing God as someone who is precious to you! I see you honouring God! I see you loving God! As you do so, I see your love for Him be perfected in Jesus' name!

With much love,

Lala.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ladies, do not compromise

Hello, LWM! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I did by the Grace of God. Today, I would like to encourage us to stay firm in our faith. I had a chat with a friend of mine over the weekend and we were discussing about who we must marry. It was going nowhere because the person believed that she could still date an unbeliever and still be in the Will of God. I did give her the scriptures which clearly showed that God would not allow such a relationship but it was a waste of time. I am believing God that He will convince her to accept this truth. Ladies, I would like to encourage us to stay firm and not compromise our faith in Christ. We cannot play with our life this way. Marriage is a lifetime commitment, so we better be careful when it comes to choose our partner for life. I was saying to the person that I understood her view but I did not support it. I understood the fact that she said " what if I fell in love with an unbeliever?, Am I sinning?". I have been there. I

Have your say: Let meet Fausther Ornelia Ambourouet

Hello wonderful ladies, we are closing today with the thoughts of Grace. Grace is a wonderful sister that I met in my church Lighthouse Chapel International Midrand. I interviewed her after the service on Sunday. At first, she was scared (lol) but she finally let me ask her questions. The first time I went there( the church), she was standing by the door, I will never forget how she welcomed me with a big smile and a warm hug. If you are in the welcoming team, please ladies wear a beautiful smile. Welcome us with the love of Christ for people cannot come back just because they did not feel welcome. Stay blessed! Ladies Wonderfully Made: Morning Grace, thanks for giving us the opportunity to ask you some questions. Please can you introduce yourself ... Grace Ambourouet:  My name is Grace Fausther Ambourouet , I will turn the age of  24 on the 20th of August ( Happy birthday in advance sisi). I am studying Biomedecine at the Midrand Graduate Institute. In the church, I am the leade

The Woman behind the blog

Hello wonderful ladies in the Lord! Today, I just thought of talking to you a bit about myself. As you know for those who started reading my blog from the beginning, this blog is to encourage young Christian ladies in their walk with Christ. It was one of my project for this year  in Web page Design. Our lecturer asked us to design a blog about anything. I thought firstly of talking about Venice about how romantic this town is, but on a second thought I realized how pointless it was. I then started wondering what could I do with my blog. I wanted to express myself in the most freely way I knew and that how I realized that actually in Christ we are free so why not creating a blog about something that will involve my Christian life and strengthen those who will read me. I thank God for this blog is read by many young Christian ladies, ladies that I know and also ladies that have been recommended  by some of my friends. It might not have yet the impact I want it to have already b