Skip to main content

Ladies, do not consider things of the past!



(As you wait) Consider not the things of the past!

Isaiah 43: 18 Do not [earnestly] remember the former things; neither consider the things of old. 19 .Behold, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs forth; do you not perceive and know it and will you not give heed to it? I will even make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.

Bishop Dag Heward Mills says once that women have more problems than men. It is true for as ladies, we tend to be more involved in what we do. Just look at how a lady will involve herself in a relationship if she is in love. She will ponder over it, she will even sometimes prepare her wedding and even prepare names for the children she will have with the beloved. While in the head of the man, it will not be the case. This is mainly because the woman was created for relationship. Now, it happened that as women we ponder over what happened to us, this is because of the fact that when we give all in something or someone and we are not reaping what we sowed, we are disappointed.


As we are disappointed, we tend to refuse even to consider the future. For instance, someone who has been hurt in a relationship may judge the next person proposing to her according to what has happened to her. She will speak according to what has happened to her before. If she was before very friendly and sympathetic she may end up being suspicious because of her past. She will define men according to what has happened to her with the former boyfriends she had!

Look at the case of Naomi, her name meant joy but the moment she will lose her husband and her sons she will say call me Mara which meant bitterness (read Ruth1). She said call me Mara for she thought God brought shame upon her. She pondered over what happened to her and she made decisions about it. What are you pondering over? And how do you make decisions? Do you make decisions about what happened, based on your experience or do you seek God's Voice before making a decision.

The Bible asks us to not consider the things of the past not because we should not learn from them but because by considering them we often forgot that God is bringing something new. We forgot that life does not end there! Most of the people who are divorced do not wish to get married because of what happened in their previous marriages, most of the people who have been hurt before do not want to put their trust in someone else because of the fear to be betrayed again! God knows it and that is why He is telling us to not consider the things of old!


God wants us to look forward to what He has in store for us. If Naomi was focused on the future she would have never changed her name! For Naomi has been blessed with a faithful daughter in law who became the wife of Boaz who appeared in the generation of Jesus! Is this not a blessing!

Focusing on your past can affect your future, it can make you overlook things God is bringing your way. Decide to move on with your past.


God is asking us to not consider things of the past because for Him to bring something new, we have to move on with our past. The Bible says 2 Cor 15:17 that old thing have passed away behold all things have become new! Old things must pass away before new things come. To be a Christian you must decide to not be an unbeliever, by the Grace of God you must decide to leave your former behaviors that were not glorifying God! You must decide to embrace the new things from God!


As you stop considering things of the past, and start embrace the new things, Christ will make you recognize what He is bringing your way. The Word says” Now it springs forth; do you not perceive and know it and will you not give heed to it? “When you start to look ahead in Jesus you will perceive how the season in your life is changing! You will perceive that chaley(my friend) things new are coming. You will discern it instantly, God says "Now" you will just know that ey this is a new season for me, this is it! You will know it in Jesus!


As you do so, you will know that it is your season even though things are still looking a bit dry because of the promise of God. God says in your wilderness He will make rivers! Wow! Thank you Lord!


With much love,

Lala.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ladies, do not compromise

Hello, LWM! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I did by the Grace of God. Today, I would like to encourage us to stay firm in our faith. I had a chat with a friend of mine over the weekend and we were discussing about who we must marry. It was going nowhere because the person believed that she could still date an unbeliever and still be in the Will of God. I did give her the scriptures which clearly showed that God would not allow such a relationship but it was a waste of time. I am believing God that He will convince her to accept this truth. Ladies, I would like to encourage us to stay firm and not compromise our faith in Christ. We cannot play with our life this way. Marriage is a lifetime commitment, so we better be careful when it comes to choose our partner for life. I was saying to the person that I understood her view but I did not support it. I understood the fact that she said " what if I fell in love with an unbeliever?, Am I sinning?". I have been there. I

Have your say: Let meet Fausther Ornelia Ambourouet

Hello wonderful ladies, we are closing today with the thoughts of Grace. Grace is a wonderful sister that I met in my church Lighthouse Chapel International Midrand. I interviewed her after the service on Sunday. At first, she was scared (lol) but she finally let me ask her questions. The first time I went there( the church), she was standing by the door, I will never forget how she welcomed me with a big smile and a warm hug. If you are in the welcoming team, please ladies wear a beautiful smile. Welcome us with the love of Christ for people cannot come back just because they did not feel welcome. Stay blessed! Ladies Wonderfully Made: Morning Grace, thanks for giving us the opportunity to ask you some questions. Please can you introduce yourself ... Grace Ambourouet:  My name is Grace Fausther Ambourouet , I will turn the age of  24 on the 20th of August ( Happy birthday in advance sisi). I am studying Biomedecine at the Midrand Graduate Institute. In the church, I am the leade

The Woman behind the blog

Hello wonderful ladies in the Lord! Today, I just thought of talking to you a bit about myself. As you know for those who started reading my blog from the beginning, this blog is to encourage young Christian ladies in their walk with Christ. It was one of my project for this year  in Web page Design. Our lecturer asked us to design a blog about anything. I thought firstly of talking about Venice about how romantic this town is, but on a second thought I realized how pointless it was. I then started wondering what could I do with my blog. I wanted to express myself in the most freely way I knew and that how I realized that actually in Christ we are free so why not creating a blog about something that will involve my Christian life and strengthen those who will read me. I thank God for this blog is read by many young Christian ladies, ladies that I know and also ladies that have been recommended  by some of my friends. It might not have yet the impact I want it to have already b