Skip to main content

Challenges in the worship ministry





Today I want to tell you about the challenges I face every time that I am worshiping God. First of all, let me tell you that I have been involved in the Worship Ministry for many years now since 2000. It was a long way and I have learnt so much in that ministry, still learning even.


The Worship Ministry is such an important ministry in the church. One of my leaders in the ministry liked to say that 30 % of the service depends on how effective the worship team is. The Bible says that praise is a power that sets free, it frees us from evil boundaries. One of the example that shows how great and powerful praises is, is found the Old testament when we see that the walls of Jericho fell because of the praises that the people of Israel were singing. Praises is an effective tool to use against the enemy. I have seen so many times how people have been delivered from evil spirit just because the praises were singing....



I want to tell you about the challenges I encounter and still encounter when it comes to be part of the worship ministry. First of all because praise and worship is such an important part in the service, it brings the presence of God and in a certain way allows to the Holy Spirit to move around. It is something that needs to be done in Spirit and Truth. The Bible says that God is looking for people who will worship Him in Spirit and truth. I always ask God to help me to be such an worshiper for even though I do have the desire, it is not something easy at all. It is a challenge, but it can be overcome by the power of God.


Second of all, I think that the other challenge is about the voice and here many worshipers fall into that trap. As the years went by, I realized that my voice is not something important. For where is the point of singing with a beautiful voice and then the Spirit is not here, it is so pointless! I always tell to myself and to people I am close to that are also involved in this ministry that " it is not your voice that I want to hear, it is God's Voice in you that I want to hear". When we start thinking this way, we realized how dispensable we are, and how much that without God's Spirit we are useless in the body of Christ. People come to church to meet God, to receive from Him, to be blessed to be renewed and praises and worship are something that God uses to do that. I remember one day, I was still new in the choir and that day my leader asked me to lead. I was so scared, I did not know how to start, what to say but I just asked God to help me. As I was singing with whole my heart, my strength, giving the best of me, and letting God helping me to worship Him, I felt the presence of God upon me so strong and my spiritual eyes were  opened. I could see angels descending by our side of the stage and then moving around in the church and blessing those who were not distracted. I remember of one lady she was worshiping God with all her heart and some just with their lips and God told me that is the kind of worship I want. Worshiping with all your heart, your strength, worshiping God wholeheartedly it is not something easy at all that is why it is a challenge but with God' Grace it is possible.....



The last challenge that I found in the ministry is the one of staying united in the band. The devil knows that worship ministry is such a powerful ministry and that is why he does everything to bring divisions, hatred, and disloyalty amongst those servants. The Bible tells us to have the same mind, same spirit more it tells us that can two people walk together without agreeing first? When choir members start to think that it is about them and not about the whole group, the worship that bring to God become ineffective because unity, love are not there anymore. How sad is that!



My prayer as a worshiper of God is that God help me to always worship Him in Spirit and Truth, that He helps me to worship with all my heart and strength to found Him and enter fully in His presence. When we worship I realized that we can be in three different places according to the worship we give. We can be in the sanctuary , in the Holy place or in the holy of holiest place and that is why we need to be so much filled with God 'presence. Do you want to be filled of God presence when you worship Him then worship Him with all your heart and mind and strength, I always sing to God thinking in my mind that He is just in front of me. It changed a lot about how I praise and worship Him. Sometimes, people asked me why are you always smiling when you are singing? And me to reply by saying it is because I see sometimes things that you do not see. I see how people receive gifts, but also I see how people are losing the chance to receive them for they are so distracted, they think about their problems and other things. The devil loves distracting them during worship times because many spiritual things happen and when we understand that it change a lot about our worship behavior....



Ladies, let us be those worshiper who worship God in Spirit and truth, it is not about your voice, it is about God, about finding God and letting Him talk to us and receive from Him. May God give us a true heart of worship in Jesus Name.


Amen.


To all my wonderfullly made ladies outta here!

Much love,

Lala.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ladies, do not compromise

Hello, LWM! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I did by the Grace of God. Today, I would like to encourage us to stay firm in our faith. I had a chat with a friend of mine over the weekend and we were discussing about who we must marry. It was going nowhere because the person believed that she could still date an unbeliever and still be in the Will of God. I did give her the scriptures which clearly showed that God would not allow such a relationship but it was a waste of time. I am believing God that He will convince her to accept this truth. Ladies, I would like to encourage us to stay firm and not compromise our faith in Christ. We cannot play with our life this way. Marriage is a lifetime commitment, so we better be careful when it comes to choose our partner for life. I was saying to the person that I understood her view but I did not support it. I understood the fact that she said " what if I fell in love with an unbeliever?, Am I sinning?". I have been there. I

Have your say: Let meet Fausther Ornelia Ambourouet

Hello wonderful ladies, we are closing today with the thoughts of Grace. Grace is a wonderful sister that I met in my church Lighthouse Chapel International Midrand. I interviewed her after the service on Sunday. At first, she was scared (lol) but she finally let me ask her questions. The first time I went there( the church), she was standing by the door, I will never forget how she welcomed me with a big smile and a warm hug. If you are in the welcoming team, please ladies wear a beautiful smile. Welcome us with the love of Christ for people cannot come back just because they did not feel welcome. Stay blessed! Ladies Wonderfully Made: Morning Grace, thanks for giving us the opportunity to ask you some questions. Please can you introduce yourself ... Grace Ambourouet:  My name is Grace Fausther Ambourouet , I will turn the age of  24 on the 20th of August ( Happy birthday in advance sisi). I am studying Biomedecine at the Midrand Graduate Institute. In the church, I am the leade

KEYS TO FULFILL YOUR SEASON OF SINGLENESS|FINAL PART

There is a time for everything under the sun. At a certain period in my life, I wanted God to reveal to me the times for His blessings in my life. I was asking Him, when will be the time for me to get a job, to enter into ministry, to get married and so on. At a point, I became very worried because to me I was in danger. But you see faith is a spiritual thing. We live by faith as Christian, we do not live by prophecies. Prophecies over our life can strengthen our faith but we cannot live by them. To God, faith is really important. Maybe you really feel alone. Maybe you see your age flying and you question God about your marriage. Know that God will not give you the exact time. He may tell you it will be in two years but He won't tell you you will meet him tomorrow. God loves to surprise us. He makes all things beautiful at his time(Ecclesiastes3:11). In this verse ,God does not talk about His time but rather on the time He appointed for this thing you want. There is a