Skip to main content

The joy of being a mother

Last week South Africans were celebrating " Mother's Day", people went to purchase some cards for their mothers or buy some products that were on special during this week. As I saw many of them with their mothers on that day spoiling them, I start thinking of my mother as well. I realized how important she is to me but also how much I am missing her. I called her and wish her a happy Mother's Day, she was a bit surprised for in Gabon we are not celebrating Mothers Day on the same day. It was so refreshing and good to talk with her, to tell her how much I love her something I do not only do when it is Mother's Day but every time I have the opportunity to say it.

Mothers are so important to us, without my mother I do not know if I would have been the same woman or girl I am today. My mother is my role model and she also is my hero. When I look at her, I see someone who will always give me the strength to go forward even if it is tough but I also see someone who says" Well done my daughter, I am proud of you" when I do well. At the end of our talk, she told me that her greatest joy as a mother was the fact that we as her children came to know the God she serves. She told me that she thanked God for our lives and also because we are her greatest pride. We do have our flaws but she loves us like that. I was so moved by what she told me, and also hearing her keeping saying " my daughter" really touched me. She now sees me as a grown up person, someone she trusts and someone she knows is responsible, it is really an achievement I want to say. For your parents to trust you, it is not something easy, it is something you constantly need to prove and to build in them so I was so happy when she told me that she does trust me.

Then, I just ask to myself the type of mother I  would be one day. Someone said once if you want to be a good mother in the future, then start by being a good girl in the present. How will you teach something that you have never practiced that you only have heard of. Children do not really pay attention to what their parents say, they pay more attention to what they do. That is a message! I just pray God that one day when the times come, I  would be a great mother just like my mother and that my children will look at me and say " yes, my mother is a real gift God gave to me".


I love you so much Mommy, may God keep on blessing and protecting you. Much love. Lala




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ladies, do not compromise

Hello, LWM! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I did by the Grace of God. Today, I would like to encourage us to stay firm in our faith. I had a chat with a friend of mine over the weekend and we were discussing about who we must marry. It was going nowhere because the person believed that she could still date an unbeliever and still be in the Will of God. I did give her the scriptures which clearly showed that God would not allow such a relationship but it was a waste of time. I am believing God that He will convince her to accept this truth. Ladies, I would like to encourage us to stay firm and not compromise our faith in Christ. We cannot play with our life this way. Marriage is a lifetime commitment, so we better be careful when it comes to choose our partner for life. I was saying to the person that I understood her view but I did not support it. I understood the fact that she said " what if I fell in love with an unbeliever?, Am I sinning?". I have been there. I

Have your say: Let meet Fausther Ornelia Ambourouet

Hello wonderful ladies, we are closing today with the thoughts of Grace. Grace is a wonderful sister that I met in my church Lighthouse Chapel International Midrand. I interviewed her after the service on Sunday. At first, she was scared (lol) but she finally let me ask her questions. The first time I went there( the church), she was standing by the door, I will never forget how she welcomed me with a big smile and a warm hug. If you are in the welcoming team, please ladies wear a beautiful smile. Welcome us with the love of Christ for people cannot come back just because they did not feel welcome. Stay blessed! Ladies Wonderfully Made: Morning Grace, thanks for giving us the opportunity to ask you some questions. Please can you introduce yourself ... Grace Ambourouet:  My name is Grace Fausther Ambourouet , I will turn the age of  24 on the 20th of August ( Happy birthday in advance sisi). I am studying Biomedecine at the Midrand Graduate Institute. In the church, I am the leade

KEYS TO FULFILL YOUR SEASON OF SINGLENESS|FINAL PART

There is a time for everything under the sun. At a certain period in my life, I wanted God to reveal to me the times for His blessings in my life. I was asking Him, when will be the time for me to get a job, to enter into ministry, to get married and so on. At a point, I became very worried because to me I was in danger. But you see faith is a spiritual thing. We live by faith as Christian, we do not live by prophecies. Prophecies over our life can strengthen our faith but we cannot live by them. To God, faith is really important. Maybe you really feel alone. Maybe you see your age flying and you question God about your marriage. Know that God will not give you the exact time. He may tell you it will be in two years but He won't tell you you will meet him tomorrow. God loves to surprise us. He makes all things beautiful at his time(Ecclesiastes3:11). In this verse ,God does not talk about His time but rather on the time He appointed for this thing you want. There is a